High Precision Chute Feed < 1 %
Gsm variations of less than 1 % absolute have been achieved.
From the beginning, the compact card has had advanced features to do precision feeding with a small chute.
- Special grill with anti-twining profile.
- Blow-in from two sides into one wide single chute.
- Small tuft feeding.
- Piano-type segmented feed plate.
- Pneumatic pressure for feed plates, centrally controlled and variable.
- Electronic measurement of displacement of feed plates by fiber feed (density measurement).
- Automatic adjustment of chute feed depth to compensate for density variations in CD direction.
- H2 roll to skim off excess fibers.
But it was improved further:
By means of a simple aerodynamic process, without additional electronics, we were able to bring gsm consistency in both MD and CD directions to a new level. Our customers' measurements show MD and CD density variations of less than 1 % both long and short term.
What we do can be simply stated that up to now the industry has accepted a fishnet consistency - big holes everywhere. We have changed this fishnet consistency to the consistency achieved with a fine flour sifter: only very tiny holes occasionally.
A turning point in card feeding process 200 years in the making!